It’s that time of year in Shawnee again… Back to School! Time to start thinking about school supplies, clothes, sports equipment… the list is endless!
Check out these numbers:
- Families plan to spend an average of $97.74 on school supplies like notebooks, pencils and backpacks
- 30% of back-to-school shoppers will wait until one or two weeks before school to start shopping
- The average family with children in grades K-12 plans to spend $63 on back-to-school shopping
And that’s just the beginning! Once you’ve done the shopping, it’s time to start prepping for early mornings, sports practices, music lessons, and homework.
Getting yourself and your family back into the routine of school days can be exhausting, yet so exciting. With this daily checklist, your kids won’t miss a beat, or a homework assignment.
- Lunches are packed and in a location where kids can easily grab them in your Virginia Home.
- Backpacks are packed with all books, folders, projects, etc., and in close proximity to lunch box.
- All necessities for the day are present and accounted for – Gym clothes, musical instruments, permission slips, etc.
- Kids are dressed, preferably in clothes that match.
- Keep a daily calendar for school events to make sure that kids only wear pajamas on Pajama Day. (As opposed to the day they just feel like not getting dressed.)
After a long day of learning, your kids will most likely be ready to kick their feet back and have a snack.
- Have a shoe rack at the front door in order to prevent kids from tracking dirt all over the house.
- Have a snack prepared and readily available in your kitchen. Fresh fruit, cheese & crackers, pretzels and nuts are all filling, healthy and nutritious.
- Set up a coming home routine, complete with some down time to clear their minds before they start homework.
Getting your home and your children ready for the new school year can be tedious for your children, but having checklists like this to get them prepared will help them get excited for all of their new classes and friends!
Homes by DHR is a new home builder in Shawnee, Pottawatomie County, OK. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 405-888-5430 for more information.